Step into the newly renovated Malco Theatre in Downtown Hot Springs Arkansas.
The Malco was built in the 1946 on the site of the previous Princess Theatre, which was designed for vaudeville shows and silent films. Known for its art-deco style, brightly lit marquee, and 1,000 seat auditorium, The Malco Theatre was considered to one of the best theatres in the south and continued to show films to the public up until 1995. Starting in 1996, Maxwell Blade began performing his magic show on stage at the Malco in conjunction with the Hot SpringsDocumentary FilmInstitute using the location for their annual film festival. In 2008 Maxwell moved his show to another location and the HSDFI continued to use the location for the Film Festival until 2012.
Starting in mid 2016 Maxwell Bladedecided to take possession of the Malco and began the renovation of the theatre to restore it to its former glory. Keeping true to the style but adding some modern flair, The Malco reopens its doors with Maxwell Blade's Theatre of Magic as the Featuredattraction. In addition to Maxwell Blade's Show, the Malco will also be an event center to host to other events and shows.